How to Handle 7 Common Dental Emergencies
Accidents and injuries to your teeth and mouth are sometimes unavoidable. When they occur, it’s important to find an emergency dentist so treatment can begin as soon as possible. If you don’t have dental insurance, look for an affordable dentist in Capitol Heights who offers monthly payments or other plans to help cover the costs of emergency dental care. The following tips can help you manage a dental emergency until you can obtain professional help.
1. Knocked-Out Tooth – Hold the tooth by the crown and rinse it with warm water. Don’t scrub the tooth or try to remove any attached tissue fragments. If you can, reinsert the tooth in its socket and hold it in place. If that doesn’t work, submerge the tooth in milk and take it with you to an emergency dentist immediately.
2. Broken Tooth – Rinse your mouth with warm water, use a cold compress to minimize swelling, and see your dentist in Capitol Heights right away.
3. Cracked Tooth – Avoid biting down on the tooth, and visit an affordable dentist as soon as possible.
4. Toothache – Floss between the aching tooth and adjacent teeth to remove any trapped food debris that might be causing the pain. If the pain continues, see your dentist in Capitol Heights as soon as possible.
5. Object Lodged in Teeth – Try to remove the stuck object using dental floss—do not use a sharp instrument of any kind. If you can’t dislodge it, see an affordable dentist in Capitol Heights as soon as you can.
6. Bitten Lip or Tongue – Gently clean the injured area and apply a cold compress to reduce any swelling. If there’s heavy bleeding, or if the bleeding won’t stop, go the emergency room.
7. Possible Broken Jaw – Apply a cold compress to reduce swelling, and promptly visit an emergency dentist in Capitol Heights or the hospital emergency room.
In a dental emergency, don’t wait to see if the pain goes away. By receiving prompt dental care, you can possibly prevent tooth loss and avoid further damage. Seek help immediately from an affordable dentist in Capitol Heights.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Capitol Heights, call Dental One Associates at Steeplechase today at (240) 392-3983 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Capitol Heights. With 11 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates at Steeplechase, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates at Steeplechase.