Facts about Dental Implants
Dental implants have been dubbed “the next best thing to natural.” If you are seeking replacements for missing or broken teeth—maybe you need one, several, or all your teeth replaced—dental implants are an ideal solution. For decades, experts in dentistry have sought to perfect dental implants and today, they are the closest match to your natural teeth. So close, in fact, that no one ever has to know you were missing teeth in the first place. Learn more about why dental implants may be the right choice for replacing your missing teeth and then talk to your dentist to determine the dental implants cost and if you are an eligible candidate.
- Approximately 69 percent of Americans age 35 to 44 have lost or are missing at least one tooth due to accident, disease, or aging.
- One in four Americans over the age of 74 have lost all of their natural teeth.
- Dental implants more closely resemble the form, function, and appearance of natural teeth compared to other treatment options, such as dentures or bridges.
- Dental implants are an ancient practice. The first implants date back to 600 A.D., when tooth-like shell pieces were hammered into the jaw of a Mayan woman. Other civilizations used other human or animal teeth held in place by gold rings.
- Modern dental implants have been used in practice for more than 20 years and rank among the most successful surgical procedures with a majority of outcomes lasting throughout the lifespan of the patient.
- Dental implant candidates must have good oral hygiene and be in good health overall. Certain diseases and conditions can impact healing or success of the implant, making review of candidacy a careful process.
- Most dental implants use biocompatible titanium to replace the root of the missing tooth. This metal provides a strong and durable support for replacement teeth or crowns.
- Dental implants are not susceptible to cavities. Although tooth decay is not a possibility, twice-daily brushing, once-daily flossing, and routine visits to your dentist in Capitol Heights are essential to protecting and preserving surrounding natural teeth and gums.
- Dental implants preserve and stimulate natural bone growth and prevent bone loss, unlike alternative options.
Choose a dentist in Capitol Heights who is experienced in dental implants, when deciding which treatment options will meet your long-term functional and cosmetic needs. Expert dentists in this type of procedure are credentialed by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Capitol Heights, call Dental One Associates at Steeplechase today at (240) 392-3983 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Capitol Heights. With 11 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates at Steeplechase, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates at Steeplechase.